Almost Better

I'm feeling about 85% right now... a little cough, a little stuffiness... but a lot more energy. We're leaving for Europe at the end of the week, and I have a million things to do, but I'm trying to take it slow. I don't want to get sick again!

I had grand plans to to be fully packed and organized by the end of today... um, don't think that's going to happen. I'm trying to not be an ultra-procrastinator like usual, but I need to get a couple essays out of the way and catch-up on lectures I missed while ill.

I did get a chance to check the weather out there, and looks like it'll be around 64/44ish the first week (in Paris), and then 50/35ish the second week (in Munich). (I almost forgot - we're also taking a day trip to the Alps... Hmm, I wonder how cold it'll get there?) I know I'm bringing my leather jacket and some black cardigans. Maybe a rain jacket? A long wool coat? I'm having an internal debate over the shoes. One pair of heels... one pair of flats... one pair of boots? Too much? We're aiming to pack LIGHT - one carry-on suitcase each; and then probably a backpack for me, and laptop case for him. We're going to be hopping on and off trains when we get there, so it won't be fun to lug a bunch of crap around. I'm not used to (living in or traveling to) cold places... any suggestions on clothes to bring?

7 comments:

me in millions said...

Yay! I'm glad you're feeling better! Keep resting up so you'll be at 100% for your trip. :)

Shtinkykat said...

Eek. Have you been checking the weather in Europe? I'm not sure how cold it is there but considering it's already snowing in Colorado, you might want to consider taking a parka. Have fun!

Mrs E said...

The best thing to do would be to bring layers. Long sleeved t-shirts etc. It'll keep you warmer under your jackets. Also thick socks there is nothing worse than haviong cold feet!! have a wonderful time!!

Miss M said...

I second the layers comment, so you can bundle up if need be. It sounds like you will need some cold weather clothes, a jacket and maybe boots? I've been to the alps in the summer and it was bloody cold and snowy. No way would I go in fall without several layers underneath and a nice coat, hat and gloves. Have fun! I'm torn between honeymoon in Europe or honeymoon somewhere warm and beachy. I love both!

Angel said...

Hey Sunflower. I used your blog entry on your debt to do a blog of my own. I hope that you don't find my commentary insulting. And if you do, feel free to comment on it. I wish I knew you before you decided to go to law school. Thanks for the fodder though.

Sunflowers said...

Hi Angel... I wasn't thrilled by your commentary, but I understand where you're coming from. And you should understand that I'm graduating with the debt next year whether I like it or not, so it's beneficial for me to remain optimistic. As far as regrets go, I wish I would've saved up for a few years, studied more for the LSAT, then gone full-time to a public school. And that would be the advice I would give to anyone considering a JD.

Anonymous said...

I'm SO GLAD you're feeling better. Being sick while on vaca is the pits!

Copyright © 2008 - The Debt Chronicles - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template