Trip to Arizona

I booked tickets for our trip to Arizona next month. My cousin (who I'm not actually related to and don't know that well) is getting married, and apparently a lot of family members (who also aren't related to her) are flying down to be there. I hope that much effort is put into attending my graduation from law school next year, considering they actually are related to me (and it's actually something to celebrate, as opposed to an uneducated 20 year old tying the knot with some guy she's known for half a year. Ahem. Anyway).

M is still in the midst of crunch time at work, so he can't take any days during the week off. We're leaving Friday night and returning Sunday night (which also happens to be his birthday). I'm kind of annoyed about the whole thing. It would've been ok if we'd had a day to go to the Grand Canyon or done some other sightseeing in a prettier part of Arizona, but with the time constraint it's not possible. I told my grandma it would probably be better if we postponed our trip by a month and then we could stay for a week or so, but she absolutely insisted that we be there, and laid on a guilt trip. I have to admit it's been a looong time since I've visited Arizona (10 years at least), and even longer since I've seen these other relatives that are flying out from the east coast. But wouldn't you rather see your grandchild for a full week than basically a day and a half plus get a stupid wedding picture?!

It was $380 for the plane tickets plus a rental car. I don't want to rely on anyone else for transportation, and I'd like to ensure some alone time for M and I, even if it's just driving to and from relatives' houses. Plus I was hoping to do some sightseeing on Sunday - can anyone suggest some places to visit in Phoenix? I did a search on google, but what I came up with was pretty pathetic. I know there are hiking trails, but that's not something we want to do in 100 degree weather.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - The Debt Chronicles - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template