Goals for the Immediate Future

In no particular order...

Apartment

  • M and I will be giving our 30 day notice on May 31st.
  • We're going to start looking at apartments in mid-April.
  • We'll be aiming for an apartment that's $1900 or less ($200/mo savings).
  • We'll want to sign a lease anywhere in between June 15th - July 1st (though we have to finish moving by June 30th).
  • I need to save up around $2200 for moving costs (security deposit and movers) by June 1st.
Travel
  • We're going to England in September for M's mom's wedding.
  • Right now, the plane ticket is around $900. If we stay for 10 days, lodging will be maybe $1500? Which means I need to save $2400 by August 1st (I figure we can book hotels/lodging a month in advance).
Work
  • In order to pay for moving and travel, I need to have a full-time job. I'm going to look sporadically starting now, but I absolutely need to find a job by the end of May.
  • In those 7 months, I will likely make $3000/mo net, or $21,000 total. I will also get $14,000 from my loans. Grand total is $35,000. With that, I need to (1) pay for living expenses from Jun-Dec ($20k), (2) pay $4600 for moving/travel, and (3) save 10k for living expenses for the following year (or pay off my credit cards, or pay M back what I owe him).
  • (#3 is up in the air because I may have to go back to working part-time next year so I can take more classes and graduate on-time... Alternatively, I'll stretch out school by another semester. I'm not sure yet. I would love to pay back M though)
School
  • I have 3 1/2 months until finals. I really have to get my butt in gear.
  • All day tomorrow I'm going to study. Hopefully I can get caught up with everything.
  • Then I really have to figure out whether I'm going to be able to graduate on-time.
  • I also have to decide if I want a LLM (though I'll likely postpone this decision to next year, when I can see whether or not the job market's improved).
Health
  • I want to exercise as much as possible while I'm still only working part-time.
  • I have 4 months until I start working full time. If I'm able to lose 2 pounds per week, I can lose 24 pounds!
  • Even more important than losing the weight is getting into a good routine. I want to feel like my day is not complete without exercise.

2 comments:

Miss M said...

You have a lot on your plate! I hear apt rents are softening, hopefully you can find a good deal.

Sunflowers said...

I hope so too! I was looking this month and I found a few nice places, but M and I decided we would just wait until the lease was up, because the timing to move (for both of us) is better... And I can save up some money!

Copyright © 2008 - The Debt Chronicles - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template