Looking to buy Christmas gifts?

Shopbop has 30% off all full-priced merchandise today and tomorrow with code Earlygift! There are a couple of things I'd love to pick up for myself, but I won't.... I won't be clothes-shopping for myself for a very long time. Thankfully the urge to do it isn't as strong as it used to be... now I'm (mostly) sated by window-shopping, online or otherwise. :)

Speaking of Shopbop... I bought a pair of William Rast jeans there over the summer which I love... but I've been having major issues with the button - 2 months ago it popped off, I got it resown, and then 2 weeks ago the top part popped off the screw! I had to put it back on with superglue! When my bf heard about it, the first words out of his mouth were "so much for expensive equals quality!" There are some brands where the 'you get what you pay for' saying does ring true (my Sevens, for example. I could wash them a million times and they'd never lose their shape. And I've had them for a while, and no problems with button/zipper). But I also have a pair of Bongo jeans from Ross ($16!) that I wore for years and are still sitting in my closet, perfectly wearable. (if I could fit into them, that is!)

Anyway, I guess it's no surprise... sometimes you don't get what you pay for... you can find quality at Ross for under $20, and you can find crap at boutiques for over $200. If only finding cute clothes that fit well at Ross wasn't so exhausting! Men have it so easy, with their curve-less bodies. Hmph.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - The Debt Chronicles - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template