Good News!

I found a replacement tenant for my apartment, who plans to move in the first week of February. I found this person after a day of searching!! The apartment managers were thrilled.


My mom and I also found an awesome house (with a landlord who seems really nice) only a little more than a mile away from where I currently live (which, aside from not having tennis courts across the street, is an even better area). I can't wait to get a puppy. :)

The only iffy things are that (1) we haven't yet signed a lease (though I put down a partial deposit), and (2) the owner is renovating and thinks he'll be done in "2 weeks." He's been saying 2 weeks since Sunday, so that would put the completion date somewhere between Jan 30th-Feb 1st. It could work out perfectly. Fingers remain firmly crossed!

I need to sit down with my mom and figure out a budget. Once we have the lease signed and everything is a done deal, I'll post an update on the financial front.

6 comments:

Little Miss Moneybags said...

Yay for you!!

Sallie's Niece said...

A puppy would be great! I'm glad you're moving forward. Take care.

Well Heeled Blog said...

That's great news. I hope the apartment works out!

Sarah said...

I am so glad things are looking up!! I was starting to wonder about you. Congrats on finding a place and sub tenants. well done things are coming together!!

supermom_in_ny said...

OMG! Just read your last several posts. Hope you're feeling better. I want to tell you that although things may look bad, it's better it happens now then later. I got married, had kids, helped my husband find his "thing", used my credit and help from family to establish a business, home and car.

After we had it all and it's my turn to get it together, he decides that he doesn't want to be part of a family anymore. Just left me in the middle of nowhere, with 4 kids and one on the way. (I didn't have a driver's license, food in the house or long distance to call my family for help.) I survived and I am a stronger person. At least you have a career, I put my education on hold for "the success of the business".

Every experience we have, whether good or bad makes us who we are.

I ended up becoming a family advocate, helping other women through similar situations. Then my youngest was diagnosed with autism. Now I work from home helping businesses dominate Google search results. However, I always teach my children to give to help others in need. One day you will have the opportunity to encourage and edify someone in a similar situation...

Cedes said...

So glad to hear that things are looking up for you. I hope that all goes well and you and your mother can move into the new house soon!

Copyright © 2008 - The Debt Chronicles - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template