I miss my old job

More specifically, I miss the money I made from my old job. And the benefits. And the 401k.

I'm considering looking for another big firm job come January. Or maybe I'll try to up my hours at my current job (to 20, netting me $1000/mo), and then start the job hunt next summer. I'm really enjoying my class and work schedule; I have a lot of time to study, and I have time to relax. But the lack of money is stressing me out...

I guess I need to figure out what is more stressful - a full-time job plus school or very very tight funds.

Probably the best thing to do would be to up my hours at my current job, or try to find another part-time job that pays more. That coupled with getting a roommate in January would be perfect. Then next year, when my class load is lighter, I can get a full-time job at a place where there's potential for upward mobility...

2 comments:

Meg said...

Stress isn't fun... :/ I consider myself really lucky that I don't have to stress about money too much because of that husband thing of mine. :) It's nice to be able to have only a part time job and focus on school, even though I get stressed when I feel I don't have enough hours in at work... (I just hate seeing my whole paychecks devoured by gas expenses. :/ Not fun.)

Sunflowers said...

Well, I am lucky that I have my bf to back me up... so I know if some emergency arose, he would be there. But he's already given me a (substantial) loan... and I hate relying on others for money. :(

Anyway, at least I have a backup plan (increasing my hours at work... or even going back to my old job. They said they'd always have a place for me)... so I think everything will be ok. I just need to carefully weigh my options.

Copyright © 2008 - The Debt Chronicles - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template