New Job!

I went with option #1 from my previous post. Just to clarify, this is a job in the legal industry. The majority of my co-workers are lawyers. It's just not a job at a law firm.

I negotiated for the first time in regards to my salary. They really lowballed me initially, but I don't think it was intentional, I think it was them being scatterbrained.

I'll be getting:

  • $6k more (which translates to approximately $280/mo)
  • Commission
  • Fully paid health benefits
  • 401k with matching
  • 4 weeks PTO
I'll be back in a skyscraper. I'll have to start dressing in suits again. I like the owners, but I'm not sure about some of my other co-workers.

To be totally honest? I'm scared and a little sad. I've bitched and moaned about my current job, but I have really lovely co-workers, and I'll miss them. Also, I knew my job like the back of my hand. That's all about to change.

As far as taking the bar... I haven't decided yet. I'll make up my mind in the next week.

But for right now - I'm breaking out the champagne. :)

9 comments:

Nd.chic said...

6K is a huge increase. I think you'll be happy in the long run that you didn't go for the long commute. That can really drain the life out of you. Congrats!

Allison said...

Congratulations!! I think starting a new job is always a little scary, especially when you're leaving a job you were really comfortable in. But it DOES get easier! Good luck :)

Anonymous said...

wooo hooo!

Congratulations! Good luck with the new challenges!

SummitTechnology said...

The post is talking about new job Useful post
DVD Duplication

Daniel Anthony said...

Frequently asked question year of slow cooking is shown on the post here. Useful post
Team cooking

Unknown said...

Variety is the spice of life. Enjoy ur new job n the champagne
BluRay Disc Replication

Circutrine Male Enhancement said...

TryVexin Male Enhancement A Certified Personal trainer specializing in body fat reduction strategies and functional strength and power training. His weekly ezine Lean Body Fitness Secrets has over subscribers in over areas. Hes a contributing author to standard Muscle Fitness Magazine Oxygen Magazine. http://jackedmuscleextremeadvice.com/tryvexin-male-enhancement/

Asian Elixir Male Enhancement said...

ERX Pro I additionally observed a good increase in dual desire and a substantial rise in vascular. Eat a snack at the magic hour This is a strange one but dust and grime like unreasonable. I want you to always enjoy a small snack between and pm each day and I would like. https://www.healthsupreviews.com/erx-pro-male-enhancement/

maysimoorei said...

You'll have a lovely Eco Slim Ervaringen expensive hammer that sits in your toolbox. Your spectacular doesn't do abundant on its own without you using it. The same applies to weight loss surgery. It is a very effective tool after we select to use it in our lifestyle changes and decisions. Most individuals Eco Slim contemplate their rest room scale to be enemy range one. However you don’t would like to weigh yourself everyday so as to achieve weight loss. See more: http://maxrobustxtreme.nl/eco-slim-ervaringen/

Copyright © 2008 - The Debt Chronicles - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template