Remember to Vote!

I'm getting chills about the election today. I voted via absentee ballot weeks ago, but I'm sort of wishing I could have gone out to the polls and gotten my sticker! I've heard all the long line stories, but hey, if I can wait 2 hours at Disneyland for a ride, I can wait x hours to do my civic duty!

I was watching a video on CNN the other day and saw this Starbucks commercial. I didn't realize it was Starbucks when I first saw it, and it made me tear up! I look forward to the day when every single American goes to the polls and votes. Even if you know your vote won't make a difference when it comes to the presidential election, remember all the STATE elections on the ballot! (i.e. in CA, we have several VERY important, divisive propositions. Every vote matters.) And doesn't it give you joy to exercise your right to vote, especially considering all the other countries who don't have that right? Something to think about.

Anyway, happy election day, America! :)

Update: Three cheers for President Obama! Watch his brilliant acceptance speech here.

1 comments:

Shtinkykat said...

I love the U.S. I voted and got a free Krispy Kreme donuts for my trouble. God Bless America!

Copyright © 2008 - The Debt Chronicles - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template